Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer Reading List

Because the heat outside is EXCRUTIATING right now, I've found myself staying indoors and doing some pretty serious reading, especially considering I have a toddler underfoot most times...tricky to read while playing trucks. So, the majority of my reading is spent either at night after we wrestle that boy into bed or while I'm in the bathroom (TMI, right?) But it's the only quiet room in the house!!

So, here is my list of reads so far..I will add to it as I finish them...

1. The Help..good story, several main characters but their stories were all well developed

2. Sarah's Key..good but such a haunting story. I couldn't start another book right away. I needed time to digest this one.

3. The Red Tent..my favorite so far. A story of mothers, sisters, daughters, love and pain. All beautifully told.

4. Olive Kittredge..eh..I guess it is supposed to be lots of short stories with Olive Kittredge as the tie. Not my cup of tea.

5. Walk by Faith..ok, good story but needed a more mature voice, maybe? I'm not sure what it was that didn't quite work for me.

6. The Time Traveler's Wife...currently reading..ok, actually, I never finished it. I just couldn't get into the characters and the story (I'm hanging my head in shame as I type)

7. The Opposite of Love-really good, easy read

8. After you-ok, wasn't as good as #7-written by the same author

9. The Book Thief-one of my top books from this summer. Amazing story of strength and faith.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed! I can barely read my daily 2-minute email devotions :)

    THANKS for MD's birthday card! We received it Saturday. Perfect timing. Missed you guys...

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete