Sometimes it feels like the days all cram together..the work days drag by and the weekends are over before I've even had a chance to put my feet up on the reclining sofa, which I love and feel some guilt about not spending enough time on. But I love those moments where things slow down and come into focus. Where the blur of the work week disappears and it feels like is actually time to breathe. There have been a lot of moments like that for me lately. Maybe it's the upcoming birthday (ugh to 33) but I know each day is a gift. Mushy, yes, but absolutely true. These are a couple other things I've picked up along the way:
1. I know that my husband does all that he can for me and Will. Does he go off on a 4hr trip to Lowes sometimes, yes. Does the never ending list of projects make my OCD go a little nuts, sure. I'd be lying if I said he was perfect..that we are perfect all the time, but I didn't marry him because he was perfect. I married him for a million other reasons. And in the 9 years we've been together those reasons have only multiplied. I know how lucky I am to be his wife.
2. I have a pretty awesome kid. He is the sweetest soul I've ever met. He is kind and tender-hearted, surprisingly patient and already has this sense of humor that cracks me up. He has learned how to tickle other people and makes the cutest damn noise while he does it..lalalala. Most nights we all gather in our bed and read stories and tickle and laugh. It is the best 20 minutes of my day. I am blessed.
3. My mom and dad are my constants. Sure they can make me a little crazy from time to time but they have spent the majority of their lives taking care of us and they continue to take care of us even as we all become "adults".
4. My mom was right when she said my sisters would be invaluable to me when we grew up. I love them so much. They are my best friends. Laura is sensible and so considerate. She is the first one there when I need her. And Jenny is so much like me. She makes me laugh all the time.
5. My MIL and FIL are the most amazing grandparents. They care for Will in ways that I can't even convey in writing. He is so lucky to have them.
6. Oh, and my friends. I am blessed to have friends that I can pick up with right where we left off. It is a gift to have them all.
7. I love yoga. I started it back in February and it has become my most favorite way to spend any free time I stumble across. I am lucky enough to get to go during my lunch hour 2 days a week and then my MIL keeps him some Friday mornings and on really special occasions I get to go on a weekend. it is awesome. It makes me feel like I am awesome. I mean come on, we all need something that makes us feel like a rock star! Even if it is an almost 33 yr old rock star.
So, how about you? What do you know to be true?